As part of its Mental Health Service review programme, NHS England has launched a public consultation on five service specifications for Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
Once finalised, the new specifications will play an important part in work by the NHS to reconfigure services so there are improvements in local overall pathway integration, improvements in local access and reductions in travel times and out-of-area placements.
The Tier 4 services specifications you can comment on are:
- C11/S/a Child & Adolescent Medium Secure Service Specification (draft)
- C11/S/b Child & Adolescent Low Secure Service Specification (draft)
- C11/S/c Child & Adolescent Forensic Outreach Service Specification (draft)
- C11/S/d Child & Adolescent PICU Service Specification (draft)
- C07/S/a CAMHS T4 General Adolescent Service Specification (draft)
Each has been developed with the support of lead clinicians and patient and public representatives, to make sure that stakeholders' views informed their development. Now, NHS England is undertaking a formal public consultation on the draft documents. There will also be a series of webinars and face-to-face events in the New Year when people can share their views. NHS England will confirm dates and times for these in due course.
The closing date for responses to the consultation is 28 February 2016 and you can take part now by following this link.