All Children’s and Adolescent Mental Health Services (formerly CAMHS) across Southend, Essex and Thurrock are now known as the Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service (EWMHS).
Jointly commissioned by all seven Essex Clinical Commissioning Groups and Essex County Council, the EWMHS service is provided by North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT).
Who is the service for?
The service is for anybody aged between 0-18 living in the Southend, Essex and Thurrock areas and is free at the point of entry. The service is also for young people with special educational needs (SEN) up to the age of 25.
You may be referred to the EWMHS if you have one or more of the symptoms listed below:
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Behavioural and conduct disorders
- Emerging personality and attachment disorders
- Eating disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Deliberate self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Substance misuse
- Autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Prolonged bereavement problems
This service can be accessed with seeing your GP. During working hours (9am-5pm, Monday - Friday) please call 0300 300 1600. For the out of hours crisis support, please call the general NELFT switchboard on 0300 555 1201 and ask for the EWMHS Crisis Support Service
To download the service booklet, click the link below.