Local residents registered with a GP practice in mid Essex can now access an appointment with a GP, nurse or healthcare assistant in the evening and on Saturday and Sunday thanks to the opening of extended access health hubs.
What is the GP Extended Access Service?
The Extended Access Service offers residents of mid Essex bookable appointments with a GP, Nurse or another healthcae professional in the evening, on weekends and bank holidays - making it easier for you to get an appointment at a time that suits you,.
If you find it difficult to attend an appointment during the working day, are a busy parent with small children or rely on working carers to take you to appointments then this service is here to support you.
Appointments will take place in one of our Extended Access hubs which offer most NHS services that your own GP practice would, including NHS health checks and smear tests. More information is available here: pdf Extended Access patient FAQ (180 KB)
Where are the Extended Access Hubs located?
- Blackwater Medical Centre, Maldon, CM9 5GP (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- Elizabeth Courtauld Surgery, Halstead, C09 5EF (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- North Chelmsford Health Centre, Chelmsford, CM2 5EF (7 days a week and bank holidays)
- Douglas Grove Surgery, Witham, CM8 1TE (Saturdays only)
- Crouch Vale Medical Centre, South Woodham Ferrers, CM3 5QP (Saturdays only)
- Mount Chambers Surgery, Braintree, CM7 1TE (Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays only)
When are appointments are available?*:
- Monday to Friday: 6.30pm to 8pm (Maldon 9pm)
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 8am to 2pm
*Opening hours may vary between the hubs
How do I book an appointment?
Contact your GP practice in the usual way to request an appointment. If there is no appointment available at your practice, you can ask for an appointment with the GP Extended Access Service, if this is right for you.
If your practice is closed and you need a GP, please contact the out-of-hours by calling NHS 111. They will also be able to book an appointment for you with the Extended Access Service. Please note that your consent will be required in order for an appointment to be booked for you.
To cancel an appointment out of hours please call 07384 579474.