Compliments, Comment or Complain

Pin It

Potential delays to the CCG Complaints Process

Following the discovery of the Omicron variant, NHS England has declared a Level 4 National Incident in recognition of the impact on the NHS of both supporting the vital increase in the vaccination programme and preparing for a potentially significant increase in Covid-19 cases, as well as managing Winter Pressures.

All areas of the NHS are being asked to prepare for and respond to the Omicron threat.  Mid & South Essex CCGs are currently redeploying all possible resources, particularly to support the ramp up of the vital Covid-19 vaccination programme.

Our usual complaint response timescales may be affected due to current circumstances.  We apologise for any delays in this service but would ask you to understand that at this challenging time we must support our frontline staff as effectively as possible. We will endeavour to respond to correspondence and telephone calls as soon as possible.

All formal complaints will be logged.  Please be assured that we will continue to triage complaints and will act on any immediate issue of patient safety or safeguarding that is being raised.  However, the investigation of, and response to, complaints where there is no immediate clinical need will inevitably be delayed for an extended period, as the actions we are taking will be limited to informing the organisation involved, who may not be able to respond as they focus on managing the incident. 

Once this Level 4 Incident response has been stepped down normal complaint processes will resume, although we recognise it may take some time to catch up.

If you have immediate concerns around care and treatment provided you should raise these directly with the provider of the service.

If you require any information on COVID-19, we urge you to follow the latest advice provided by the Government on coronavirus which is available online at

Information on the Essex Vaccine Programme can be found via COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Essex (

We appreciate your understanding and patience at this challenging time.

It is our priority to ensure that patients across mid Essex receive the highest quality care in line with best clinical practice. However, sometimes things can go wrong and you may not be happy with the treatment or service you, or a person close to you, has received. You may also have comments or feedback about the services we commission.

We welcome people telling us about their experience, this helps us understand how we can improve our services.

We are also very pleased to receive positive feedback and compliments about our work or the quality of health services you have received as a local resident.

Who can I talk to?

In most cases the best way to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible is with the staff of the service or organisation you are complaining about. It is helpful if the NHS organisation/primary care practitioner providing the service is made aware of your concerns as they may be able to sort these out for you. You can do this immediately by speaking to a member of staff in that organisation. If the complaint is complex, or you wish a more considered approach to be taken, you will be directed to the Complaints Officer for advice and information.

Before you make a complaint, it is important to think about what you want to happen as a result of your complaint. Make it clear what outcomes you are expecting.

For example, you may want:

  • An apology
  • An explanation
  • Changes or improvements made
  • To make sure people recognise their mistakes
  • To make sure this doesn't happen again

Read more about making a complaint to the NHS.

Complaints about GPs, dentists, pharmacists or opticians

If you have a complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacist or optician that cannot be resolved locally with the practice manager or pharmacist, you should contact NHS England.

Call: 0300 311 2233 (free national number)
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mid and South Essex Hospitals

For complaints relating to Basildon, Broomfield or Southend Hospitals, you can find more information about making a complaint on the Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust website.

Complaints against other community health services

If you have a complaint concerning other health services in mid Essex (not GPs, dentists, pharmacists or opticians), please contact the Complaints or Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the organisation providing the service for information about how to raise a concern or complaint.

You find out how to contact them on ours PALS page

Complaints about NHS Mid Essex CCG

The Patient Experience Team is responsible for managing the complaints process. Please contact them if you want to make a complaint about the commissioning arrangements or decisions made by the CCG.

The team can also give you general advice about the complaint’s procedure.

Call: 01245 398750

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to: Mid Essex CCG, Wren House, Hedgerows Business Park, Colchester Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5PF

Complaints about COVID-19 Vaccination Programme

If you have a query about the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, please be aware that NHS staff are working hard to contact people in order of priority by telephone, email or letter. Your patience is appreciated and we would ask that you do not contact your GP or the NHS in relation to the vaccine unless you have a significant concern that you might have been missed.