In mid Essex we offer the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service to help people like you manage everyday problems such as:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress
How can IAPT help me?
If you are feeling anxious or stressed the IAPT service can help you:
- understand why you feel this way
- explore how what you think and how you behave interacts with how you are feeling
- agree what you want to improve and develop new ways of thinking and coping
Help is offered in different ways
- phone support and guided self-help
- individual cognitive-behavioural therapy
- courses for anxiety and depression based on cognitive-behavioural therapy
- computerised cognitive-behavioural therapy
IAPT services in mid Essex are provided by Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) in partnership with MIND. You can access IAPT services either via your GP or you can refer yourself directly to the service.
If you would like to self refer yourself to IAPT you can complete an online referral form. Alternatively please call 01376 308704 or 01376 308705.