Health in Mind provides access to a wide range of talking therapy treatments for adults with common mental health problems. Health in Mind is part of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with Mid and North Essex Mind. Health in Mind is part of the national initiative Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT).
How can IAPT help me?
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress
If you are feeling anxious or stressed the IAPT service can help you:
- understand why you feel this way
- explore how what you think and how you behave interacts with how you are feeling
- agree what you want to improve and develop new ways of thinking and coping
Help is offered in different ways
- phone support and guided self-help
- individual cognitive-behavioural therapy
- courses for anxiety and depression based on cognitive-behavioural therapy
- computerised cognitive-behavioural therapy
You can access Health in Mind either via your GP or you can refer yourself directly to the service for more information please visit the Health in Mind website.
If you would like to refer yourself to Health in Mind you can complete an online referral form. Alternatively please call 01376 308704.
What Happens To My Referral?
Once Health in Mind have recieved and reviewed the information on your referral, an administrator will contact you to arrange an initial assessment. This will be either a telephone or face-to-face appointment lasting approximately 45 minutes. You will then be invited to tell them more about your current problem so the most appropriate support option for your needs can be identified.
Your treatment option will start shortly after your assessment.
Need Help Now?
The Health in Mind service is not an emergency crisis service. If you require immediate urgent help, the following options are available:
- contacting your GP for an emergency appointment
- call the Crisis Line on 0330 726 0130 or dial 999
For emotional support, please call the free Samaritans helpline on 116 123. The Samaritans offer support by phone, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.