The Macmillan Carers Services helps families and friends supporting someone with a life limiting condition or terminal illness.
The service is run by local charity Action for Family Carers with support from Macmillan Cancer and Essex County Council.
Their friendly team can:
- offer you emotional support and listen to what may be worrying you
- help you with getting a break from your caring role
- provide practical advice on how to manage at home or out and about
- give information on coping financially with employment, benefits or grants
- help plan for the future , thinking about wills, Lasting Power of Attorney, end of life wishes
Support is available either by phone or from a representative who can visit you in your home or a place of your choice. For more information click here or call 0300 770 8090.